Duke's Villainous Daughter Is Depressed Chapter 1 - Another Beginning


DVDID | Chapter 1 - Another Beginning


It seemed that I transmigrated inside a novel. I couldn't figure out what's going on at first. I tried to speak, but I could only let out an embarrassing stutter.

I clearly remembered that I was hit and run by a car on my way home and died. However, when I opened my eyes, I suddenly find myself in a strange room. There were a lot of people with fancy looks and clothes that I've never seen before.

In front of me were two people who called themselves my parents. Each of them had a unique set of beautiful eyes and colorful, vibrant hair. The woman who was my mother wore an elegant broad dress that would be seen only in medieval times.

“She seems to have lost her memory.”

“Lost her memory? So she doesn't remember a thing?”

“Yes, Your Grace.”

And I was judged to have amnesia in an instant. It's only been 30 minutes since I opened my eyes.

"Elle."

“...I’m Elle?”

What's more, this body's facial features were that of a Westerner's no matter how hard I stared at myself in the mirror. There was no trace of an Asian woman named Irene Song anymore.

"Yes, of course." 

The one who answered just now was the Duke of this Kingdom, who introduced himself as my father.

“… …”

I couldn't readily accept the things that are happening right now. Obviously, how could I just grasp this kind of strange situation that I'd fallen myself into? I was just having a typical day yesterday, and overnight, I became a different person altogether.

I'd rather possess a person that has a normal life, even if that person wasn't rich.

Am I in a dream? If not, then how can I survive in this place?

With my mind still in chaos, my father suddenly dropped a bomb.

“Since you can't remember a thing. I'm going to inform you again. You are going to marry a prince from the Rennes Empire in a few days.”

"......"

It seemed that the owner of this body was already a future bride.

* * *
For the past few days, I learned something as I was preparing to leave for the Rennes Empire.

Elle's parents seemed to have little interest in Elle.

Even though her fine daughter had just lost her memory, Elle's mother looked calm as she summoned the doctor.

Does she thinks I'm pretending?

Even the maids who waited for Elle trembled at her presence and were at a loss on what to do for whatever Elle did something trivial.

No one was willing to tell me who Elle was before or what she usually does. Sitting in a spacious room and drinking tea or having a meal was all I ever do.

But as soon as I heard Elle's full name, I couldn't have been more sure that I'm inside a novel.

'Raella Landmiken.'

It was a romance fantasy novel titled <Love Bloomed in the Desert>.

The plot was quite common, but thanks to the author's excellent writing skills even the clichéness of the story turned out exceptional.

I really enjoyed reading it. And in the novel, Raella Landmiken was a villainess.

She was full of vanity and grew up thinking that she would become the queen due to her status as a Duke's daughter.

When the heroine, who was only a Viscount's daughter, was loved by the king, Elle was devastated. At the end, she attempted to poison the heroine which almost killed her.

In fact, she was not even a significant villainess. Her role was nothing but a medium to validate the love between the king and the heroine.

And thus, after what happened, she wasn't able to distinguish the people around her. If someone appeared unsightly before her or has done a slight mistake, she would lash out on these people, torment anyone in front of her—even the family wouldn't be spared.

“……”

The truth was Raella had met an accident, bump her head, and died. And that was why I was able to become the new resident of her body. No one had visited Raella other than the duke and his wife who came last time. After their visit, my said parents haven't even shown their faces since then.
If Elle in the original novel was still alive, she would probably be going to stay here and do something worse, rather than getting married.

But as long as I had taken over her body, it wouldn't be necessary. There's no reason to follow a path that's going to lead me into hell.

If possible, I wanted to go back to where I originally lived, but if my body died in my world and I'm here, It would be best not to return. That's right, if I go back, I might even become a zombie and would likely cause the first zombie outbreak.

After thinking about a few things on what to do from here on out, the new Elle languidly stretched out on the seat, looking worn out due to the lack of measures.

It is unbecoming of Raella, who usually valued her image as an aristocrat, to make such a strange pose that no one could ever imagine. The maid, who was standing by Elle's side, breathed a helpless sigh. 

“Hey, sister.”

“?!...Pa, pardon?”

“When is the wedding?”

“... Oh, after my lady arrives at the Rennes Empire, it's right at that time...”

"Immediately?"

“Yes…”

“When am I going then?”

“My lady is leaving in three days. Uhmm, my lady, why are you humbling yourself to me?”

"Ah."

The maid was trembling as she speaks and I quickly beckoned her to relax. I only made a cursorily nod, and after that, I just threw my head on the table and melt.

It was only two days since I awakened. It is very questionable whether the marriage at this point was really promised or not. I couldn't believe they've handled it so fast.

“… …”

Now that I'm stuck in this place, I couldn't figure out how far I am in the novel. Have I already bullied the heroine? Have I already known by the king who was the male protagonist?

I don't know. I don't want to think nor I want to do anything!

"I'm depressed…”

Elle murmured with a little sigh as her cheek leaned heavily on the table.




Duke's Villainous Daughter Is Depressed Chapter 1 - Another Beginning Duke's Villainous Daughter Is Depressed Chapter 1 - Another Beginning Reviewed by Admin on June 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.