Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 14

DVDID | Chapter 14

Tofu suddenly vanished, and I didn’t know where he had gone.

Though Tofu goes out at night, he would continuously come in the mornings to wake me up as if he was an alarm.

Except for today.

Why didn’t he come? Has he overslept?

I became worried that that boy, who always pounces on me whenever he wakes me up, didn’t even show himself this morning. However, I decided to wait and see, but lunchtime had passed, and he still hasn’t shown up. Lari was pacing back and forth in front of me, and I’d become infected by her nervousness.

“Perhaps that nose fly has something to do with this...”

“Oh, my! What if it’s like that?!”

Two days ago, after Tofu bit nose fly’s face, though it was fleeting, I didn’t miss the vehement glare that bastard gave Tofu and me.

Even the one person who has the highest authority inside the Imperial Palace, which is the Emperor couldn’t dare touch Elle, how would a mere servant be able to inflict harm on her.

But it would be a different story if it was a dog.

Furthermore, I didn’t know that the dogs treasured as pets back on Earth, were useless livestock in this world.

You can’t ride it like a horse. You can’t use it for farming like a cow. Except for hounds, dogs that were large and can’t be used for hunting, like Tofu, are often killed.

At most, it can stay guard to protect your home, but this enormous place doesn’t need any protection from a little dog. There would be no use for a dog like Tofu here.

I really had no idea until Lari told me. It made me very sad, thinking that Tofu must have had a hard time before I came here.

Luckily, that servant who had been willing to take Tofu with him was very kind, as Lari claimed.

Dogs, in general, couldn’t be raised in this world. Though I couldn’t quite get their traditional concept of “dogs are useless livestock,” if it was deeply rooted in the people’s minds here, what about Tofu?

On top of being a well-groomed dog, Tofu had such dignity in his every gait as though he was raised by a noble. But nobles despise dogs.

Due to this mindset, what if Coffari took Tofu and did something untoward but wouldn’t confess? Then it leaves me no choice.

“...... This is not the time to be lazy.”

I couldn’t afford to slip into depression mode again. I have to calm my mind and think things through. If something terrible happens to Tofu, then......

“What do we do, Lady Elle?” Lari burst into tears, worried over Tofu as well.

With a cold, stiff look, Elle strode down the hallways, looking for the nose fly.

When I changed palaces yesterday, I took all the servants and maids of Lily Palace and placed them where that nose fly was staying.

“Lari, do you happen to know where I can meet Prince Shuert?”

“...... Actually, no one knows where His Highness is. I don’t think Mr. Coffari knows either.”

“He didn’t? Why?”

The reason why Coffari was so arrogant was that there was no Second Prince to put him in his place, so meeting him and taking over all the authority would be the most viable decision.

“Uhm, His Highness’s nanny... I’ve heard she was falsely accused and expelled. Mr. Coffari didn’t concern himself over His Highness after that.”

“...... The nanny?”

“Yes...... the only nanny who cared for His Highness until he was cursed......... After she was accused, Mr. Coffari kicked her out. Everyone’s hesitant when I asked, so I didn’t know all the details.”

“What’s the Emperor doing?”

“His Majesty, the Emperor, is not interested in His Highness.”

Hah... That explains why I am in this current state then. Of course, how should you concern yourself over your daughter-in-law when you don’t care about your own son.

Elle frowned and now fully comprehend how terrible it was to get married to this place.

Since my husband was a monster, I already expected I wouldn’t receive any fair treatment, but this was far worse than I thought.

“Will the Emperor not care if I drive out that nose fly?”

“... Perhaps so. His Majesty hadn’t even stepped foot in this place, so he probably wouldn’t care what’s going to happen here......”

“That’s too much.”

Why would he treat his son like he’s nothing? Don’t tell me the Second Prince is illegitimate? Well, if he’s illegitimate, he’s still his son. A normal father wouldn’t leave his son alone for long.

“You said the Second Prince could only become a human at night, right?

“Yes.”

“Then, I’ll go look for him later tonight.”

“What?”

“It’s unlikely that he’s dead because I just saw him a few months ago. But we’ll never know.”

“......Oh, no.”

“If he’s still out and about, then I could only hope he wouldn’t run away from me this time.” I muttered.

Elle decided she would look for her husband, whom she had no interest in. Of course, Tofu was still the top priority.



* * *

Currently, Coffari has resided in a small palace next to Elle’s residence, but there was a major cleanup taking place to the slightly larger palace next to it.

It seemed to me that this was just a temporary shelter. The nose fly was smiling while leisurely sipping his tea.

I felt like I wanted to rush and punch his disgusting face right now, but I had to bear with it. I should hold myself back and not let my anger consumed me. It would have been a big deal if I really did something to him at this time.

“What’s the matter, princess? Why are you here all of a sudden?”

If I’m going to ask about Tofu right away, he’s going to be alerted and feigned ignorance.

In other novels, an evil villainess who had been “transmigrated/reincarnated,” would surround herself with male leads and other main characters, but what is this? I’m stuck with a disgusting nose fly?

I didn’t even think of contacting my ducal family, whose behind my current suffering, and all I had now was the title of a wicked woman. .....frankly speaking, I would have nothing to say even if the nose fly started ignoring me right now.

“You.”

“Yes?”

“You said you’d hand over the authority.”

“I thought I said I’d reconsider.”

“Until when?”

“Until I feel secure enough to leave it to you.”

“F—” The curse nearly came out of my mouth.

Tofu is gone, and I don’t even know where in the hell is the prince who can put restrictions on this trash.

Everything was a hindrance to Elle’s tranquil life.

“By the way, that son of a bitch didn’t come with you?”

“...YOU—!”

“What?”

When Elle fell into a sudden rage and yelled at Coffari, Coffari laughed with a look of ‘I knew nothing.’

“Are you going to slap me again?”

“......”

“Perhaps because you’re a Sahadee that you’re quite barbaric.”

“......”

“A word of advice. Such a plague in the Rennes will only ruin the image.”

“Why should I care when it’s already ruined back in the kingdom?”

“... Oh dear, you’re even proud of yourself.”

“So what? How about you? Are you even looking at yourself in the mirror? You’re saying that, and yet you’re the same as I am, a plague.”

“What?!”

“Scream all you want, but know this...”

“......”

“If I happen to know that you touch our Tofu, you’ll never be able to enjoy your precious tea-time again.”

Coffari just stared at me after I said that. Even if a 1% chance that the nose fly didn’t have Tofu, it would be better to threaten him.

“I know you’ve already heard of my rumors.”

“......”

“Whatever it is that you’re hiding, I’ll be able to know it. I wasn’t born yesterday.”

I immediately turned around and exited out of the room without waiting for his reply. I think I had enough with the battle of nerves with this trash today.




Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 14 Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 14 Reviewed by Admin on August 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.