Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 12

DVDID | Chapter 12

Coffari couldn't back down as it was.

How much has he had accomplished for this palace so far, and now, he's just going to hand over his authority to a foreign princess like it was nothing?

Moreover, the funds were disbursed by the Emperor, but the management of the Second Prince's palace was approved by the Second Prince himself.

Since he couldn't do his job, it was likely that Coffari would assume the position. It required him to be involved in all affairs of the palace and he had survived it all to the present day.

So when the princess's maid came, he sent her back with a rough excuse.

Coffari expected the princess to come in person to some extent, and if she ever came, he'll just ignore her. He believed she couldn't do anything since she's a noblewoman of no value but he never imagined she would slap him.

Furthermore, the princess even decided to transfer to this palace and instructed all servants to prepare.

Of course, Coffari didn't intend to follow her orders, so he only pretended to hear it, and then she had the audacity to say, "If you don't mind living in one roof."

He thought since the princess and her kind were barbarians, she would be a muscle brain and had no basic common sense as well but he was proved wrong.

Fortunately, no one from the higher-ups took notice of that little commotion. If he dragged this matter any further and came into a huge conflict with the princess, it would be only a commoner such as himself who would lose his head.

In the end, Coffari had no choice but to compromise. The best palace where Coffari has lived and still going to live until the end of his life is this palace, the Lily Palace.

Coffari didn't care about the prince and his wellbeing, so he didn't know where he was living or what's he's doing at the moment. Even though Coffari manages the whole Lily Palace, he has never seen the Second Prince before.

No one knew where the Second Prince was, who has been completely alone since the time his nanny was falsely accused and kicked out thereafter. The only time the Second Prince came out was at his wedding and all the servants in his palace, including Coffari, were all dismissed right before he entered the ceremony.

The Emperor seemed to have no interest in the Second Prince, so it didn't matter how Coffari treated him. In fact, the Emperor has never visited the Lily Palace to see how the Second Prince was faring.

At first, the chamberlain acted sensibly and secretly, but now that no one had stopped him after he was given free rein, he did everything in broad daylight and became full of himself. He doesn't feel the slightest guilt at all.

The princess, whom he repugnantly called as 'Your Highness', was just laughable. If only she hadn't known of his existence, she might have wither away in that cramp and abandoned palace he assigned her.

If she were a fine woman, she wouldn't have married into this palace in the first place. It was surprising that she knew how to do arithmetic despite the rumor about her having a foul temper.

Coffari laughed contemptuously, thinking he should now make the right use of it. Then he soon felt pain on his nose after his hand accidentally brushed it, and muttered with blood-shot eyes.

"I'll kill that son of a bitch for sure."

The area where the dog bit still ached. He can't do anything to the princess right now, however, he can do something to the dog.

"Keep an eye on that princess in the future."

"Yes, Mr. Coffari." replied a gentle-looking maid as she bowed respectfully.

The Lily Palace would never exist to what it is now if it were not for him. It was his own limbs and blood that supported this palace.

Coffari was confident.



* * *

Whether the nose fly acted in conspiracy or not, Elle quickly finished her transfer to the new palace. It was mainly because Elle became more dispirited if she lived in that filthy palace for another day.

I'm not exactly energized now, but I'm better than before. Come to think of it, maybe what I'm dealing right now was a serious case of depression? At first, it was hard even just to think that I really had the illness.

I'm not quite sure because I've never been diagnosed before and I'm not a doctor, but coming out on the terrace and enjoying the sun reminded me of myself a few days ago.

I drowsed whenever I had the time and it was bothersome to move even a bit. I didn't want to do anything, and I had less appetite.

But now, I'm moving a little at a time, compensating for the times I've been idle and sleeping for hours previously, so I think I'll get better someday.

I need to get stronger somehow in order to survive and take responsibility for Lari and Tofu. I thought that living in moderation was the best choice for me, but now that moderation wasn't good enough.

Raella with a high status would be fine if she lived like that, but Lari and Tofu were not. The two must be protected by Raella.

But, how do I get stronger?

"......Lari."

"Yes? Would you like some more tea?"

"No, it's not that. What are the criteria for strength?"

Physical training? Money? Power?

But when will the time come to have an obscene amount of money? Especially the idea of power was unreasonable. We are just a weak team with a defenseless yet adorable mascot.

When Irene Song was in office, she had spent several years in a company as an accounting staff, so wouldn't it be possible to get some kind of an accounting job in the Imperial Palace?

Even if the pay is not that much, perhaps I can still feed Lari and Tofu. But the situation as of the moment was dire. This is not the place and the right time to show off my skills.

Physical training...

"Ah..."

I might be overworked to death before I can beat someone else.......

"Lady Elle? What's wrong all of a sudden? Are you not feeling well?!” Lari exclaimed after she noticed I made a wry face as if I tasted something bad.

I shook my head and asked instead of answering. "Lari, why do humans have so much to do?"

"Pardon?"

"I want to live as an extra."

"Eh?"

Raella was also a significant extra, but what if she didn't have the same weight as her fingernail?

The truth was I think that it's almost as if I'm holding my breath thanks to Lari.

If I'd entered a body of an extra, on top of having laziness and depression, I'd already starved to death or been devastated by the harsh environments of the Sahad Kingdom.

I thought I should be strong and survive these encounters, but when I tried to figure out a way, my depression always hindered me in doing something. I suddenly became gloomy as I realized I'm helpless.

"Lari, what if...”

"Lady Elle?"

"If there's a stout offer from another palace, you have to leave immediately. You're so loyal....no...... You should stay far away from that nose fly.”

"What in heavens are you talking about? Why would I leave Lady Elle?!"

"It is what I said. If you take Tofu with you, I would be grateful......”

"Woof!" Tofu, who remained silent by my side suddenly barked after I mentioned his name. I rubbed his ears while still thinking about such things.

I exerted too much effort in thinking today. It's only been in the afternoon, but I'm already exhausted.

"I have to go to bed..." I said as I stood up, heading for the bed.

"Are you sleepy? Were you not serious earlier?”

"...No, I mean it."

"Lady Elle!"

"Wooo~" Tofu followed Elle and nudged her hand with his nose after she laid in bed, burying her face on the pillow.




Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 12 Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 12 Reviewed by Admin on August 13, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.