In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 9


﹡ ⊰  Chapter 9  ⊱ ⊹ ﹡


Rulhac's mandate was to bring Firentia to the class.

However, Clerivan's suspicions were too big to follow orders without examining it himself.

A seven-year-old kid reading such a book.

That cold-hearted old man, does he become the mother of a hedgehog in front of his granddaughter? (T/N: A hedgehog mother is overproud and overprotective of her baby.)

Clerivan thought as he knocked on the door of the room used by Gallahan and Firentia.

As he walked inside with a surprise greeting from Gallahan, he found Firentia reading a book in one of the seats.

He looked at what book she was reading and it was really the <People of the South> clearly printed on a green cover.

'She can't really be reading it, right?'

From the start, Clerivan didn't believe Rulhac's words.

He had no intention of taking another seven-year-old who knew nothing and risking ruining the atmosphere of the class he had been struggling with.

He was thinking of convincing Rulhac by confirming that today Firentia was just looking at the book as a picture book.

"Tia, come here."

At Gallahan's call, Firentia approached with the book in hand.

A child with curly brown hair tied with a ribbon and white cheeks with a peculiar blushing appearance was impressive.

But apart from that, Firentia still looked too young.

This was especially the case for sitting on her father's lap.

But there is only one thing.

There was something that shook the heart of Clerivan, who was convinced.

It was the bright green eyes that resembled her father, Gallahan.

How many seven-year-old children are there as they faced an unfamiliar adult without avoiding their stares and still smiling?

"... Indeed."

It was worth saying that Rulhac saw this child worthy of his blood. Certainly, Firentia looked closer to the personality of his grandfather, Rulhac, rather than his father, Gallahan.

But still, it's just a child.

Even if it might appear bold and brave in the future, it was a completely different story from the hypothesis that she had a genius brain to read and understand professional books at the age of seven.

But Clerivan's thoughts shattered when he started talking to Firentia.

"I just read it for a bit, but apparently, there are amazing people that are living in the woods in the south of the Empire. This is a book that tells stories about them."

The child was surprisingly grasping the contents of the book.

'Some people may know this much.' Clerivan thought so, trying not to be shaken.

"What is the name of the author who wrote this book?"

"It says 'Ropilli' on the cover."

"What was the content of Chapter 1?"

“It was told that the author heard rumors about the people of the South.”

"Hmm...."

However, despite continuing questions, there was nothing more to say when Firentia responded unobstructedly.

Is it really that this child understands everything and reading properly?

Clerivan's confusion did not end there.

"Ropilli isn't a 'he'. It's a 'she'."

"Y-yes?"

"If you look at the page in front of the cover, it's listed there. Her full name is Avane Ropilli. She's a female scholar."

He'd been pointed out by a young Firentia.

Although <People of the South> was a book he read a long time ago, it was a mistake that he did not know that the author of the book Ropilli was a woman.

It was the result of inadvertently thinking that it was men who published such famous research books.

Clerivan realized his fault in front of Firentia's teasing eyes and blushed in embarrassment.

"You said you already read it but I guess, you only skimmed through."

Eventually, he was even teased by a child.

At the moment, when he thought that the smile was very familiar with only the corner of her mouth raised, Clerivan frowned.

This child really resembles Lord Rulhac.

Even the smiling face that turns the inside of a person seeing it upside down?

"Be sure to attend class starting on the 6th day of the next week."

However, Clerivan left Gallahan's room with a smile.

"Being a teacher these days seems so dull that I wanted to transfer to another job. But now..."

If it's that child, he might stick around for a little bit more.

After a short period, he regained his motivation and hurried back to his office to prepare for the class.

* * *

"It's been a long time since the sun has risen, so shall we go for a picnic in the garden?"

My father, who was having a leisurely afternoon, came up with an unexpected proposal.

"Let's wrap a bunch of delicious cakes and cookies that Tia likes and get some sun. Oh, it would be nice to stop by Dr. O'Malley before that."

Aha.

My father's intentions were known at once. He thinks I don't like going to the infirmary, so he was trying to trick me with a picnic full of delicious things.

It's already been a week since Dr. O'Malley talked about it.

I nodded, thinking that time was passing very quickly.

My father smiled wide and moved quickly before I changed my mind.

Seeing that a picnic basket had already been prepared, it seemed to have been planned.

So cute.

On the way, I took my father's hand and headed to Dr. O'Malley's infirmary.

Dr. O'Malley and another person were in the office.

"Uh?"

The blonde woman nodded while listening to the words instructed by the doctor. She seemed to be in her early twenties and looked timid.

"You've come?"

While Dr. O'Malley greeted us, my eyes didn't fall from her.

When I asked my father who noticed my gaze who the woman was, the woman responded with a thin voice, surprised.

"Oh, I am Dr. O'Malley's disciple, Estira."

She doesn't look so timid.

I was surprised by the sudden appearance of a woman that my father was talking to.

"Now, then shall we look at the wrist?" Dr. O'Malley came to me with a smile.

However, I turned to hold my father's arms and avoided the doctor's touch.

"Tia?"

"Haha, the young miss seems to be shy."

My father became flustered by my unscrupulous behavior.

"Why is Tia doing this? Is it because you're scared?"

I shook my head and said.

"That sister ...."

"Hmm? I didn't hear it. Could you say it again, Tia?"

"I want that sister."

All three people became uncomfortable.

It was also Dr. O'Malley who broke the awkward silence that had flowed for a while.

"Does she like Estira? Then today's treatment will be done with Estira."

"But ..."

"Estira is an outstanding child among my students, so don't worry. I'll be with you. Is that okay, Miss Firentia?"

I nodded, walked up in front of Estira, and held out my sore wrist.

"Oh, then, then for a moment......."

Embarrassed, the flushed face Estira carefully unwrapped the bandage around my wrist.

I can see how tense she was seeing her fingertips trembling.

Sorry for making the situation uncomfortable for you. However, I spoke first to call her attention.

"Sister's name is Estira?"

"Yes, that's right."

"My name is Firentia, and my dad's name is Gallahan."

"Ah, y-yes..."

She works in Lombardy, so of course, she knows our names.

However, it is not bad to introduce yourself once again. So that Estira can remember us more clearly.

"What does sister learn from the doctor?"

"I am learning herbal medicine."

"I see. So, are you trying to become a doctor too?"

"Yes, I still have a long way to go."

Perhaps because I was talking so well, Estira seemed to be getting more relaxed from being so tensed.

"Since the swelling has subsided a lot, I think it's okay to change the medicine, Master."

"Well, you're right. Go get the sakkos grass extract."

Dr. O'Malley's words made me frown.

I wasn't worried that I will be taking good medicine. I had no problem with it, although I'm very worried about the taste.

Just as expected.

The light green liquid that Estira brought was very bitter just by seeing it.

"Take this, Tia."

As if my father had been waiting, he handed out the cookie bag from the picnic basket.

I squeezed my hand in, pulled out three large cookies, and held them in one hand.

Gulp.

I swallowed the medicine that I used to make my whole body tremble, and quickly put the cookie in my mouth.

Then I held one of the two remaining cookies to Dr. O'Malley.

"Oh, thank you, Young miss!"

The doctor was greatly pleased and took the cookie into his mouth.

And the other one.

"This is for you, Sister."

Estira's eyes widened as the cookie popped out in front of her.

"I, I⁠—"

"It's because you took care of me. It's delicious."

Estira, who hesitated for a moment, finally accepted the cookie with both hands.

"So then shall we go?" My father said vigorously as he hugged me.

"Goodbye."

I baded Dr. O'Malley goodbye while being held by my father's arm.

In the distance, I saw Estira looking down at the cookie I gave her.

"Sister, bye!"

As I shouted, she was startled and bowed towards me.

I kept waving my hand.

Next time, should I pick up the cookie and ask Estira to come.

I have to keep an eye on her and get close to each other.

* * *

"Hhhhmm."

With my arms around the window, I was greeted by the cool breeze, so a humming song came out.

"You're in a great mood today. Are you that excited about taking your first class tomorrow?"

Well, there is that.

As I looked at my father and laughed, he followed me and smiled.

Then he went back to what he was doing, and eagerly teases his hand and drew something.

I also looked out the window again.

As if the rain that kept falling until yesterday was a lie, the sky was clear.

The air felt even fresher.

I greedily swallowed the blowing wind as if I was going to drink it all.

And at the end of that long breath, a carriage with a flag on top was seen entering the mansion's gates.

I muttered a little, raising the ends of my mouth.

"They have come."


PREV          |         TOC         |         NEXT
In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 9 In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 9 Reviewed by Lnovels on January 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.