In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 219


﹡ ⊰  Chapter 219  ⊱ ⊹ ﹡


Warning: Reader discretion advised. This chapter contains scenes of violence.


Bellesac struggled desperately.

He was somehow trying to get on his back and drop the person off him.

"Sh*t! You're really—!"

Olka Barraport swears in a hushed tone and corrects his disheveled posture.

A stronger force than ever before strangled him again.

Bellesac reached back and tried to grab Olka Barraport, but the power of the Knight was unbeatable.

It was all the more difficult that he was strangled in the back.

"Haa! Ugh!"

Bellesac's mouth opened wide and the sound of harsh breathing came out. His head was about to burst.

'I don't want to die like this!'

Bellesac somehow tried to tear the rope wrapped around his neck.

There was red blood flowing out of his wounds, but he couldn't care less. Red blood spattered on Bellesac's white clothes.

'I don't want to die! Someone help! Help me!'

Bellesac wanted to shout.

"Gasp! Gasp!"

But he couldn't even scream with his current situation.

"It's your decision. Don't regret it."

The words that Firentia said, rang in his head.

"Just hurry up and die."

He heard Olka Barraport muttering impatiently.

He's getting exhausted.

Desperate, Bellesac once again tried to move his body. But it was already too late.

Contrary to his will, Bellesac's movement gradually subsided.

His limbs, which he wanted to swing with all his might, were only convulsing.

He couldn't see anymore.

He couldn't even feel the awful feeling of the rope digging through his neck.

He was dying.

Bellesac peed at that terrible thought.

'Please, someone, save me.'

He screamed silently.

It was then.

A loud noise was heard, which was the only sense that seemed to be working.

"Cough! Cough! Cough!"

The pressure that was strangling him disappeared in an instant.

Bellesac instinctively swiveled his body to the side and breathed in the air in a hurry.

"Cough! Woh! Ah!"

In tear-jerking pain, Bellesac trembled with relief that he had 'lived'.

"Haaa...."

His eyes closed, savoring the precious feeling of being able to breathe again while spewing forth sounds that weren't human-like.

Soon, a sharp, eye-opening pain hit his face.

Whack!

"How long are you going to lay down there? Get up and move."

"Ugh.. who...."

Bellesac raised his eyes and looked up at the man who slapped him on the cheek.

However, all he could recognize was a pair of red eyes.

"....Should we just say that he died."

The man in front of him murmured in a low voice and someone next to him stopped him.

"Hey, Your Highness, don't do that. They will be waiting for him."

Bellesac quickly rubbed his eyes. Only then did his hazy vision becomes clear.

"Ah...."

The door was torn open, and Olka Barraport fell on the floor, unconscious.

Three people, including Lignite Leumann, who is known as the closest aide to the Second Prince, were seen searching the arms of Barraport.

"Hey, look at this."

"Hey, Lombardy. Here's your suicide note."

Ted laughed and took a piece of paper from Olka Barraport's pockets and threw it on Bellesac's lap.

[....Repenting for the sins of attempting to kill the Emperor...The First Prince is just a victim of this incident....For the sins I have committed, I will pay with my own life...]

A chill settled over Bellesac's spine as he read the note.

"Isn't this exactly your handwriting?" Steeley asked as he laughed intentionally.

"Is there anyone around you who can copy your handwriting and write a suicide note?"

"I think he's completely lost his mind."

Lignite clicked his tongue at Bellesac, who was blankly looking at a suicide note bearing his name.

"Get up."

Then Perez approached and grabbed Bellesac by the collar and lifted him.

It was a swift move as if holding a teacup, to lift a large adult man with one hand.

Bellesac's body staggered by the rough handling. But no one was there to sympathize with him.

"Let's get going, Your Highness. Leave this guy to me. I'll be interrogating this one!"

Lignite Leumann spoke with his feet on the chest of Olka Barraport, lying on the ground beaten like a pulp.

"Follow me." Perez said as he took the lead first.

Without asking where there were going, Bellesac drooped his shoulders and followed suit.

A carriage was seen waiting outside the Knights' building.

But Perez opened the door to the luggage compartment, not the main door.

"Get on."

"But this is a luggage compartment—"

But before Bellesac could even finish talking, Perez grabbed Bellesac by the collar once again and threw him into the luggage compartment.

Thud!

"Ugh!"

Bellesac held his head in pain, but there was no change in Perez's expression.

"A baggage fits in the luggage compartment."

After saying that, he just slammed the compartment door closed.

***

Early in the morning in a small mansion at the end of the Lombardy estate.

"Oh, Bellesac!"

"Mother!"

When the carriage with Perez arrived, Bellesac and Serral's unmoving reunion took place.

"By the way..."

"...Why is he getting out of the luggage compartment?"

Perez shrugged his shoulders at Serral's question.

"...?"

"Well..."

I'm sure Bellesac didn't go in on his own.

But it didn't matter to me where Bellesac got on, so I turned to Serral and Bellesac again.

"Oh my god, you're injured...!"

Serral was horrified to see the dark red marks on Bellesac's neck.

"Oh, Sir Olka Barraport broke in and strangled him..."

He didn't need to explain more.

Realizing what had happened, Serral silently looked at the terrible marks on her son's neck and turned to me.

"You must have known what the Empress was like. So you're not surprised, aren't you?"

Serral shook her head with a troubled look at my words.

"I knew... I knew what my cousin was capable of, but I was afraid. I was so afraid..."

Serral spoke to herself in a voice full of regret. She looked very exhausted.

Serral approached me a few steps and said.

"Thank you, Fi—No, thank you, Deputy Head."

"There's nothing to be thankful for." I said, glancing at the old mansion where they would live in the future.

"Since it was in my best interest to let Bellesac live rather than to die at the hands of the Empress, that's why I helped."

Serral looked at me with mixed emotions. Then she took a letter out of her arms and held it out to me.

It was a purple letter.

"This is..."

I took it and handed it over to Perez right away.

It'll be a weapon that Perez can use if it's in his hands more than mine.

"Bellesac."

Instead, I called Bellesac, standing behind Serral with his shoulders shrinking.

"From now on, you and your mother will live here as if you are dead."

"Eh, here?"

Bellesac looked around the mansion with bleak eyes.

It was a building with traces of the years left intact in scarlet bricks.

He can't get his act together until the end.

"Why, don't you think it's not enough?"

"It's not like that..."

I walked in front of Bellesac.

'Don't get me wrong. You and I use the same surname, but you with lowly blood will never be part of the family.'

In my previous life, the words that Bellesac said as he slapped me on the cheek rang in my ears.

He also looked at me with a clear, contemptuous gaze as if looking at a dirty thing.

Thinking about what happened back then, I was furious.

'You can only live as our servant as you are now.' 

But the current Bellesac, who is standing in front of me, was far from spitting at my feet.

He was still stupid and foolish, but he was terrified. His veins were about to burst, he gave off a disgusting smell and looked like a mess.

"You called me half-blood."

Bellesac's complexion turned white at the words I muttered in a grave tone.

"Sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't know any better at that time! I'm sorry, Deputy Head."

Bellesac plunged to his knees.

I looked down at Bellesac and said, "You'll lose everything with that half-blood word of yours, Bellesac."

"Please forgive me...!"

My anger slowly died down.

It wasn't in vain.

It's one of the fruits of my labor that I've built up since I returned.

My foolish cousin was just obtuse, lazy, and infinitely evil to the weak.

I slowly opened my mouth at Bellesac.

"I'll send you money in your name to live and eat every month. But that's all you'll ever deserve with your patronizing breed."

I said with a low voice.

"Live like a dead man. Don't let me hear your name again if you don't want to lose any more than this."

I stared at Bellesac for the last time and boarded the carriage that Perez had been riding on.

Perez followed right behind me.

A glimpse of Bellesac, who was still kneeling on the ground can be seen outside the carriage's window, but I did not look back.

There was still silence in the carriage.

"If you interrogate the Knight that tried to kill Bellesac, you may find out something."

When the Lombardy mansion began to appear, I asked Perez.

"But why aren't you looking good, Perez?"

Perez didn't speak as if he was agonizing over something at my question.

I asked while looking at him.

"You... Is there something wrong?"

I felt anxious. I felt like there would be one more hidden move by the Empress.

And when I got out of the carriage, I could see the figure of someone approaching me fast.

"Miss! Lady Tia!"

As soon as the carriage door opened, Laurelle rushed in and shouted.

"Huaa! The Imperial Knights raided the Pellet Company and Brother's house!"


PREV          |         TOC         |         NEXT
In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 219 In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 219 Reviewed by Lnovels on December 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.