Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 9

DVDID | Chapter 9



"Chamberlain?"

"......"

"Imperial Palace official?"

"......"

".....Intruder."

"Woof! Woof!"

Intruder? I got a fierce reaction from that? Let's try another one.

"Molester."

"GRRRR! WOOF! WOOF!"

".....Pervert."

"BOW-WOW-WOW-WOW!"

What is this? He was so mad when it comes to that pervert. Is he telling me that he's going to protect me from that guy?

Elle, who could not understand Tofu's words, had already finished interpreting his incessant barkings and come to the conclusion that Tofu was such an amazing dog. She was nodding, quite satisfied with his behavior, and gazing at him in awe.

Elle stroked Tofu's soft fur before hugging him. She held him while lauding him with compliments and even thanked him wholeheartedly.

Despite my praises, Tofu furiously barked several times more before he hung his head as if he had given up, and then, turned around with his back towards me.

I've only known Tofu for about a month or so, but I could already sense at least that there's a problem. It appears he was sulking, ignoring me and refusing to respond... but why?

Aigoo, this tsundere dog is quite hardworking...

"Tofu~ Tofu~, my adorable Tofu~."

"......"

"Let's take a nap together, shall we?"

"......"

"You're the only one for me, Tofu!"

Even with Elle's limited vocabulary, for hours, she tried to come up with all sorts of pleasant words, trying to soothe him, but it didn't work out. Throughout the day, he still doesn't pay her any attention and didn't sleep with her that night and the nights after that.

Living with Tofu, her irregular sleeping habits were gradually fixed little by little.

How could it not be fixed when Tofu always come early in the morning to wake me up and wouldn't let me sleep again? And my biggest question thus far, why wouldn't he sleep next to me and always come running out before sunset? What's up with that?

However, during the day, I'm having meals with Tofu, whether it be outside in the garden or inside my room. Much to my delight, I have acquired a new companion at the table. Tofu would sit in the table, and then we would eat together. Sometimes, after finished eating a plate of steak, he would reach for the napkin, grabbed it with his paw, and dabbed it on his mouth......

Anyway, we would play and take a stroll after meals, so in the evening, I got tired and slept right away.

Luckily, Pervert hasn't shown up since that day.

"Lari, why isn't that guy coming?"

The chamberlain said he would visit after a few days, but days turned into weeks, and yet he still hasn't come. Eventually, Elle's patience has reached its limits.

"That... that... He's busy....”

“Ff—......”

The swear word nearly came out of my mouth. I made a scrunched up duck face when I almost said it, so Lari was looking at me with a confused look.

He may actually be busy, but it's already been a while. No, it's already been a month. I could understand since I was an office worker before, but it would be a different story if he's ignoring me.

If a powerful person such as the Emperor or Empress summoned him and he's so lax like this, there's no way he's going to remain in this Palace.

And to begin with, I'm also one of those powerful beings— a princess. Although there's a word of unwanted before it, at the end of the day, I'm still a princess.

"Where's the Chamberlain?"

"Pardon?"

"I'll see him myself.”

"Uhh..."

"Why can't you speak up?"

"At this time, he's always in the Glasshouse."

Lari spoke with her eyes shut.

"Glasshouse?"

"Yes, it's his tea... tea-time."

I had already expected this, but not to this extent. It was completely beyond my imagination.


* * *


In the end, Elle made her way towards the Glasshouse. Having lived in a democratic country, her attitude of superiority was little to none existent, so her pride wasn't hurt.

It was just despicable to hear that he was enjoying his precious tea-time all the while I'm patiently waiting for him to show up.

The Imperial Palace was vast, and there were several more gardens in the surrounding area. The Glasshouse was also one of the finest attractions in the palace gardens.

However, this place was well managed—a far cry from the dreary and dingy Second Prince's Palace I currently resided.

Anyone could tell the big difference if you put the two next to each other.

Even when I arrived in front of the Glasshouse, the servant who was standing guard instantly blocked me from entering. 

Wow, what kind of high-end security is this? Is this a restricted area or something?

Even as a princess, I only had Lari as my maid, however, there are so many servants and maids I saw on my way here that I couldn't count on my fingers.

Elle's sharp eyes had glued to the servant in front of her. Like most of the villainesses in the novels, the tips of her eyes were raised, making it mean-looking. So when she glared at him a little bit, the servant groaned in return.

"Yo, you can't go in right now."

"You seem to know who I am."

“......”

"Who am I?"

"...Her, her highness, the princess...."

Perhaps the chamberlain already knew that I would come here.

"Open it."

"But the—.”

"I said, open it."

“......”

The servant just stood upright, wordlessly, and not budging one bit.

However, when Tofu, who followed them from behind, started barking fiercely, the servant pushed Tofu away, saying, "Go away." The moment Elle saw this, she suddenly got a fever.

So as a servant, you couldn't dare to argue with a princess but instead argue with a helpless dog who's weaker than you?

"What the hell are you doing?”

"What?"

He just looked at me like there's nothing wrong with what he's doing, kept pushing Tofu away, and eventually pushed him too hard. 

Slap!

I was so pissed that I slapped him right on the face.

"You dare do that to my dog, who can't even speak and defend for himself?"

When I was in Korea, I never had a power trip because I was only an ordinary office worker, but it came naturally to me than I thought. 

When I was in the Sahad Kingdom, I was served by maids who were shaking in fear whenever I met their eyes, and even after coming here, Lari did everything for me, so I seemed to have gotten used to my role. Well, they said that humans are adaptable animals, but I wasn't the type of person who could easily slap someone's face.

"If you dare do that again, I won't leave you alone. Open the door this instance.”

......It doesn't matter to me whatever happens anymore. Since my reputation was already at the bottom, it would not get any worse than this. And Tofu was more precious to me than a mere servant of that damn chamberlain whom I didn't even know.

'Oh? Precious?'

At the moment I thought so, I was surprised and scared. 

"Woof!"

I looked down after Tofu called for me, and I soon burst into laughter when I saw him stood firmly with two feet.

Wait, did I laugh? When was the last time I genuinely laugh? 

Something was stirring in Elle's heart and she was wondering what it means. Elle also thought if Lari had been treated like that, she would likely act the same way and get angry.

I used to think that I was alone in this life, and I hadn't thought about or care about the existence surrounding me because it was the world inside a novel, but it wasn't the case.

Even inside the novel, they were alive, moving, thinking, and talking.

"Lari" and "Tofu" weren't the characters that appear in the original novel.

Original novel...

"Wait."

The event where Raella was married off to the Rennes Empire was the beginning of her imminent destruction in the sequel of the novel.

"Wooo?"

I thought I was fully aware of the plot, but the sudden realization made me confused, and my thoughts all jumbled up. 




Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 9 Duke's Villainous Daughter is Depressed Chapter 9 Reviewed by Admin on July 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.