In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 215


﹡ ⊰  Chapter 215  ⊱ ⊹ ﹡


The announcement made by the Lombardy family created a big repercussion.

It was not just because Firentia Lombardy got officially appointed as the Deputy Head but also became the official successor of Head Lombardy!

Skipping the eldest son, Vieze, and his other children, Shannanet, and Gallahan, Rulhac appointed his granddaughter, Firentia as the successor.

If this continues, the first-ever female Head will be born.

There's also the fact that the engagement of the Second Prince and Firentia was broken.

It was an announcement that surprised people in many ways.

"Nonsense!"

Vieze, who had been drinking to death at a social club, hurries home after hearing the news.

His dull, dark skin, red blood-shot eyes, and the terrible smell of alcohol made the other people frown.

Serral returned home after a few days and watched Vieze, who was changing clothes while screaming, 'I have to go see my father!'

"That lowly wench, of all things, became the Deputy Head—and worse, the successor?! This cannot be!"

Vieze quickly changed his clothes and vented his anger.

Because he was drunk, he became a mess and couldn't lock his button properly, but he wasn't even aware of that.

"My father must be senile. I, the eldest son, should go and stop him....Arrggh!"

Vieze was under a foolish illusion even after he was kicked out of the main building of the mansion and moved to a separate house where guests stayed.

He thought that his father was only angry for the time being and tossed him out temporarily, but he was mistaken that everything would go back to the way it was in due time.

And after drinking his brains out, he persuaded himself that what happened today is a mistake.

"This is a mistake! He's making a big mistake...!"

Vieze muttered the words over and over again with vacant eyes.

"No matter how many times I told you to go to your father and ask him to get Bellesac out of there, you didn't listen and pretending not to hear!"

Eventually, Serral, who couldn't stand it, shouted at Vieze in a harsh voice.

"Aren't you too much?! Are you not even worried about Bellesac?!"

Serral couldn't sleep at the thought of her son being locked up somewhere in the palace alone.

Although Vieze was not good enough in many ways, she thought that at least he felt the same concern she had for their son, Bellesac.

Laranne, who had left for the East, did not even reply to the letters she kept sending. And now Bellesac, the only child left with them, was imprisoned in the Imperial Palace for a severe reason.

She thought that he was drowning himself in alcohol every day because of that.

But that wasn't the case.

He just doesn't want to go visit his father and ask for Bellesac's sake because it hurts his pride.

Serral trembled with anger and betrayal.

"What?"

Vieze crumpled his face seeing Serral crying.

"That's because he did something wrong, what can I do?!" He shouted.

"Of course, if you did something with the First Prince and even brandishing a dagger, you will obviously get caught and cannot get away because of how big of a deal it is!"

Then he looked at Serral from head to toe before spitting disapprovingly.

"Who do you think came up with such a stupid plan?!"

Vieze, who left only that word, slammed the door as he goes out.

Left alone again, Serral stood there for a moment.

Then she went back to her room and picked up a letter on her desk.

'The Empress is accusing me as the culprit in the case. I took the medicine in the canteen of His Highness the Second Prince. Please get me out of here. I'm so scared, Mother.'

Serral's fingers trembled as she stroked the messed-up handwriting.

"Bellesac...."

Serral blamed herself.

It was Serral, herself, who put the dagger in Bellesac's hand and pushed the child to do such a thing even though he did not want to go to the hunting competition.

'Go and throw your body in front of the Prince if necessary' saying such harsh words to the end.

Then Serral read one sentence in the letter again.

'The Empress is accusing me as the culprit in the case.'

When she first read the words, Serral denied it.

The Empress won't do that.

However, as time passed by, she was forced to admit it.

The easiest way to deal with the situation right now was to put everything on Bellesac.

And she knew that her cousin, Ravini, wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice Bellesac at all.

'I'm so scared, Mother.'

Serral closed her eyes tightly, hearing Bellesac's fearful voice in her head.

***

"What accessories would you like, my Lady?"

After changing my dress, and finishing my hair and makeup.

Laurelle asked as she opened the jewelry box in front of me.

"If you don't like any of these, I'll bring you another one."

"No need."

I said, reaching out to the necklace in the middle. A necklace made by Perez himself with a red ruby the size of a thumbnail.

It caught my eye.

"My Lady..."

Laurelle, who knows what this necklace is, looked at me anxiously.

"I just want to wear it. There is no other meaning."

I said so and hung the necklace myself. And I put a shawl prepared next to it over my shoulders.

It was woven with thick fur and was tightly trimmed with a string from just below the collarbone.

If I wear this, no one can see what necklace I'm wearing.

"Help me with the shawl, Laurelle."

"...Yes, my Lady."

Laurelle nodded, clearly understood what I was thinking.

Smiling, she attended as she wrapped the shawl about me. But she couldn't hide her sad eyes well.

Knock! Knock!

A small knock was heard.

"Come in."

It was Clerivan who appeared from the door.

"Welcome, brother." Laurelle greeted Clerivan happily.

"Long time no see, Laurelle." Now accustomed to Laurelle calling him 'Brother', Clerivan greeted her, unable to help it.

"Did you bring it?"

"Yes, here you are."

Clerivan gave me what he cherished in his bag.

It was a bundle of documents, well bound with thick leather.

I got up and put it in the safe.

"There is nothing wrong with being careful."

Not that I don't trust the people of Lombardy. It's not something you can just put on a table and carry it around.

"...Clerivan?"

"Hmm. Uh..." He coughed and turned his head away, but the sound coming from him is a little strange.

"Are you crying?!"

"Oh, no."

No way!

How is it not tears when you take off your glasses and wiped your eyes with your sleeves!

Then is it sweat flowing from your eyes?

I sighed a little and took a few steps towards Clerivan.

And then I stopped and asked just in case.

"You will cry more if I reassure you, right?"

"....Yes. Hmmmf..." Clerivan replied, turning his head to the side again and quietly grasping his eyebrows.

"I understand why you're crying."

"Hmm. I'm sorry. It seems that I became a little emotional for a moment." Clerivan said, taking a deep breath.

His voice and facial expression changed. He was back in his usual, calm appearance.

"When did Lady Firentia grow up to be the Deputy Head and successo—!"

Clerivan cut off himself from talking and touch his eyebrows again.

It is unusual for his head to bow down and his shoulders to shake.

I sighed again and said to Laurelle, "Give Clerivan a handkerchie—Laurelle?!"

"Haaah! Wahh!"

Oh Laurelle, not you too.

Laurelle, who stood next to Clerivan, looked the same as she bowed her head and was damping her eyes with a handkerchief, shedding tears.

"Oh, my young lady... You look so dignified today...!"

Crying greatly, Laurelle wiped her tears and handed the handkerchief over to Clerivan.

"Here you go, Brother."

"....Ahh, thank you... Haah..."

I can't believe them.

I shook my head and left the room with the two people who burst into tears.

"Where are you going, my Lady?" Laurelle asked through the open door.

"Imperial Palace. I have some business to attend to. Now that I'm officially the Deputy Head, I have to take responsibility for all family members."

My first job as the Deputy Head of Lombardy is 'this'.

I'm a bit dumbfounded myself.

"And there's a place I need to stop by before I leave for the Imperial Palace."

I looked back at Clerivan and said, "Don't cry too much and see you tomorrow at the Company, Clerivan."

"Yes, have a nice first day at work, Deputy Head.....ugh!"

"Oh my god, this is really happening, Laurelle!"

"...Hmmf!"

I really can't stop these siblings.

The last thing I saw was Laurelle squeezing Clerivan's shoulder through the closing door before I started moving again.

The destination was my grandfather's bedroom.

"I'm here, Grandpa!"

My grandfather, dressed in comfortable clothes and drinking tea in the parlor attached to his bedroom, smiled wide at me.

"Oh, our Tia is here!"

"You should take a rest. Were you working again?"

"Haha! I can't help it. It's a habit."

Grandfather laughed as he put the papers aside on the table.

"But where are you going? You probably didn't come here just to see your Grandpa all dressed up like that, right?"

"I have to go to the Imperial Palace but before that, I have things to report to my grandfather and also want to ask something."

"Yes, what is it?"

Grandfather smiled as he took the teacup to his mouth.

I looked at his figure and said.

"I think you lied to me."

Grandfather's movement stopped.

"How bad is your health?"


PREV          |         TOC         |         NEXT
In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 215 In This Life, I Will Be The Lord Chapter 215 Reviewed by Admin on December 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.